Websieve and Cyrus 2.1.11 (smartsieve doesn't work neither)

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Jan 18 08:56:34 EST 2003

marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> >Check the user's sieve directory (eg /usr/sieve/k/ken), and make sure
> >there is a link from 'default' to an actual script file.  You should see
> >something like:
>
> >lrwxrwxrwx    1 cyrus    mail           10 Nov 10  2001 default ->
> >ken.script
> >-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail         8877 Jan  8 16:19 ken.script
>
> I've checked and this gets done correctly, now I think I found out my
> problem. When I did my tests I used the same account to send mail to myself
> and it looks like this doesn't trigger the vacation. This time I tryed to
> send me a mail from another test account and then it worked !!

Yeah, Sieve checks to make sure that you're not sending a vacation
message to yourself to prevent mail loops.  And besides, if you're on
vacation, you probably already know it  :)

> I just saw another behaviour where I would like to know if this is normal
> or not. So in my case I've got vacation activated and also a normal filter
> which says "if subject = something then REJECT mail". The filter works when
> the vacation is deactivated but when I activate the vacation this reject
> filter doesn't work. Is that the normal behaviour ?

Yes, reject isn't allowed in combination with other actions (see RFC3028
section 2.10.4).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127