cyradm segfaults in Cyrus::IMAP::Shell

Ken Witherow ken at krwtech.com
Sat Jan 18 16:21:05 EST 2003

I'm trying to setup Cyrus IMAP on a linux box built from scratch. It seems
as though I have everything running and working right, but I keep getting
a segfault when I try to run cyradm to setup accounts.

I'm using kernel 2.4.21-pre3, glibc 2.3.1, perl 5.8.0

[cyrus at death root]$ imtest -m login -p imap localhost
S: * OK servername Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.11 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {7}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0
C: Q01 LOGOUT
* BYE LOGOUT received
Q01 OK Completed
Connection closed.
[cyrus at death root]$ cyradm localhost
IMAP Password:

Segmentation fault
[cyrus at death root]$

[root at death root]# gdb -c core
GNU gdb 5.2.1
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
Core was generated by `perl -MCyrus::IMAP::Shell -e shell -- localhost'.
#0  0x400c1fd7 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x400c1fd7 in ?? ()
#1  0x40304ccc in ?? ()
#2  0x402ff112 in ?? ()
#3  0x402e4a1f in ?? ()
#4  0x080b3117 in ?? ()
#5  0x080ad8d8 in ?? ()
#6  0x0805f2c4 in ?? ()
#7  0x0805f0be in ?? ()
#8  0x0805c7c3 in ?? ()
#9  0x40073f14 in ?? ()

--
       Ken Witherow <phantoml AT rochester.rr.com>
           ICQ: 21840670  AIM: phantomlordken