Pb with cyradmin and quotas...

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Tue Jan 21 09:31:47 EST 2003

Mr Bullier Erick wrote:

>I use quotas on mailbox with cyradmin.
>I use scripts which check (in the night) if user go out the warning
>limit (80%) of is mailbox quota.
>Today, i see that a user maibox is 85% full.
>So i use cyradm to check it, and cyradm write:
>localhost> lq user.toto
>STORAGE 5996/10000 (59%)
>
>I didn't understand and i made a check on the file systeme:
># du -h /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto
>28k        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/Transmis
>856k        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/Poubelle
>16k        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/Brouillon
>16k        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/arch1
>16k        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/arch2
>16k        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/toto/arch3
>8.5M        /var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/totoe
>
>What's happend?..
>I don't understand.
>Do you have an idea?

The cyrus quota doesn't include administrative files, such as
cyrus.index and cyrus.cache -- the user is only "charged" for files they
have control over.  Rather than checking the filesystem directly, use
/usr/local/cyrus/bin/quota (or wherever you installed it) and process
that output, or have a script connect to the IMAP server using an
administrative account and do getquotaroot commands.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931