All messages marked as New

Earl Shannon Earl_Shannon at ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 21 09:34:05 EST 2003

Hello,

We've recently moved accounts from servers running 1.5.14 to
2.1.11. We've had several users report that all their messages
are being shown as New ( Unread ) by their email client and remain
so despite reading the messages.

Removing the users seen file fixes the problem for new mail.
We however do not know why this is happening. Has anyone else seen
similar problems? Is there a better fix available, ie, one that
can read the seen status of the old server's format and translate
that to the new server?

Regards,
Earl Shannon
--
Systems Programmer, Computing Services, Information Technology
NC State University.