Problem with cyrus and deleting a message with a virus.

Mark London mrl at PSFC.MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 21 16:07:50 EST 2003

Hi - We are running uvscan, and it will delete a cyrus message file that
contains a virus.  Of course, cyrus doesn't know that the message is deleted,
so it still shows that message, albeit it shows up as being from Unknown with
(no subject).  The problem is that this message can't be deleted, no matter
what method the user tries.  The only solution we have found is to replace the
deleted message with a dummy file, and then it can be deleted.  We can't be
the only one having this problem.  Do other people run virus scanning
software, like uvscan, on their server?  Thanks. -   Mark