Vacation problem

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Wed Jan 22 18:21:09 EST 2003

dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:

>So what is you suggestion? How do I fix this problem? Why the mail server
>doesn't accept the message if the envelope from set right?

It is hard to tell from the logs since you are using 4 different email
addresses, but it looks like sieve tried to send mail from <> (which
sendmail accepted, but gave an authentication warning since cyrus isn't
listed as a trusted user in your sendmail.cf file) to
dmitry at montana-education.ab.ca.  That gets sent, apparently to the same
MTA, which then has a problem talking to the relay
mail.montana-education.ab.ca.  It then tries to send it to
dmitry at intellinetinc.com (presumably an alias from postmaster), and
again has a problem talking to mail.intellinetinc.com and panics since
it has nowhere to send the bounce message.  So, it looks like Cyrus is
fine but your MTA is misconfigured.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931