virtual domains in Cyrus 2.2

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Jan 25 09:35:27 EST 2003

marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> >If you have the 2.2 code, its doc/install-virtdomains.html (linked from
> >doc/install.html).  Otherwise, you get get it from CVSweb:
> >http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi->bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/cyrus/doc/Attic/install-virtdomains.html?>rev=1.1.2.5&content-type=text/html&hideattic=0
>
> Well I have checked out branch cyrus-imapd-2_2 from CVS but the
> install-virtdomains.html doc was not there, did i check out the wrong
> branch maybe ?
>
> >The document is still a little sparse.  I haven't touched this doc in
> >quite a while and need to get back to it soon.
> >Yes, you need the fully qualified username passed in RCPT TO.  Users in
> >the defaultdomain (if configured) can be passed unqualified.
>
> The documentation is enough to start with, now I was just wondering if
> Sendmail per default passes the fully qualified username, I don't think so.
> Do you know how to make it pass the FQ username ? That would be a little
> point to add into the documentation I think.

I'm wokring with the Sendmail guys on a better solution (perhaps for
8.13 or a FFR for 8.12.x), but this seems to work:

+ <ul>
+ <li> It is easiest to use the mailertable to route mail to Cyrus,
rather than
+ adding the domain to the local-host-names file ($w).  This prevents
Sendmail
+ from changing the domain name to the local host name.
+ <pre><kbd>
+ example.com              cyrusv2:/var/imap/socket/lmtp
+
+ <li> You'll have to use the Cyrus mailer in LMTP mode, and you'll have
+ change the mailer flags so that it provides the full domain while
+ communicating LMTP.  Specifically these changes:
+
+ <pre><kbd>
+                 S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP
+ </ul>

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127