Red Hat Version 8.0 - xinetd.d information

Grosswiler Roger roger at gwch.net
Sat Jan 25 14:38:56 EST 2003

Hello to all,

Does anybody have already installed Cyrus 2.1.11 on a Red Hat 8.0? I was
trying hard to get it runnig, but no chance. Cyrus-sasl 2.1.7.2 is by
standard installed on redhat.

I made as usual my entries in /etc/services, copied normal.conf to cyrus.
conf, edited an imapd.conf, changed in /etc/xinetd.d/imapd the path to the
imapd of /usr/cyrus/bin and changed the user on cyrus...

nevertheless, i can't get it up and running.... a telnet on port 143 shows
just a refues of the connection, which is not the firewall, as the
standard uw-server connects without any problem....

Please, i hope that somebody tells me what i have forgotten or have to do
otherwise...

Thx in advance!
Roger