Sieve problem

dirk.schwier at nexgo.de dirk.schwier at nexgo.de
Sun Jan 26 21:16:02 EST 2003

Hy everybody,

is there anybody out there (you may help me ...) ?
I'm having trouble with the sieve functionality of my cyrus-2.1.10 Server
It took me quite a while to set up the following system, but now ist works fine:

-------------     -----------     ------------     ---------------------
| fetchmail | --> | postfix | --> | procmail | --> | cyrus ("deliver") |
-------------     -----------     ------------     ---------------------
                                       | |
                                       | |
                                 ---------------
                                 | spamassasin |
                                 ---------------

The problem is, that sieve scripts are completly not working.

First I will describe what is possible to do:
* I can upload/activate sieve-scripts with installsieve/or managesieve (they are marked as active)
* In my mails I have a header "X-Sieve: CMU Sieve 2.2"

###     my questions     ###
* Is there anywhere a mistake in my configuration ?
* Is there any possibility (without hacking sourcecode :-) ) to log mistakes from timsieved ?
* Is there anything I can do ?

Here are some parts of my configuration (which might help somebody):

###    postfix/master.cf:   ###
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=Ru user=cyrus argv=/usr/local/bin/procmail -t -m SENDER=${sender} EXTENSION=${extension} USER=${user} /etc/fetchmail/procmailrc

###       cyrus.conf:       ###
SERVICES {
  [...]
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=0
}

###       imapd.conf:       ###
[...]
admins: cyrus
sieveusehomedir: false
sievedir: /usr/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
sieve_maxscriptsize: 32
sieve_maxscripts: 5
unixhierarchysep: yes
duplicatesuppression: yes
[...]

###       procmailrc:       ###
LOGFILE="/var/log/procmail.log"

:0fw
|/usr/bin/spamc -f

:0
|/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a $USER -m user/$USER/spam -q -r $SENDER

:0w
|/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a $USER -m user/$USER -q -r $SENDER
DELIVERED='yes'
{
    EXITCODE=$?
    :0
    |/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -a mailadmin -m user/mailadmin -q -r $SENDER
}

###       /usr/sieve/s/xxxx/default:       ###
require ["fileinto","vacation"];

if anyof (header :contains "subject" "test") {
     fileinto "INBOX/spam";
}

else {
     keep;
}

vacation :days 1 :addresses ["schwier at itq.de", "schwier at cosmos.itq.de"] text:
Autogenerated Message:
On vacation for the next week
.
;

:) Dirk Schwier
mailto: schwier at bigfoot.com
phone: 0162.74 61 685

Sichern Sie sich jetzt den neuen Otto Katalog mit über 40.000
Artikeln auf über 1.300 Seiten - kostenlos und ganz unverbindlich.
http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/email.otto