SASL 1 + SASL 2 + sendmail + cyrus21

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Jan 28 12:26:26 EST 2003

Marcus Schopen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed Henrique's ( http://people.debian.org/~hmh/ ) Debian woody
> backport for cyrus21.
>
> Problem is that Debain's sendmail is build with SASL 1 and cyrus21 comes
> with SASL 2. Now I have two different user databases. SASL 1 is used for
> sendmail's SMTP_AUTH, SASL 2 is used for cyrus21 authentification. Both
> SASL versions are working fine, but now I have to manage to differnet
> databases.
>
> Is there a way to authenticate sendmail and cyrus21 against the same
> user-database?

I ported Sendmail to use SASLv2 back around 8.12.4.  Its an undocumented
FFR and won't be officially supported until 8.13, but several people are
using it, including me.  You'll have to compile it yourself using a
config such as:

APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DSASL=2')
APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_LIBS', `-lsasl2')

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127