deliver db problem

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Thu Jan 30 11:49:25 EST 2003

I am running Cyrus 2.1.11 (Solaris 9, mboxlist/seen=skiplist, sub=flat,
duplicate/tls=db3_nosync), and periodically sieve stops working after
the server has been up a couple of weeks.  Upon further investigation, I
find it is some problem with the deliver.db file, as running ctl_deliver
-d results in "ctl_deliver: unable to init duplicate delivery database".
 Stopping and restarting master fixes the problem (perhaps because it
runs ctl_cyrusdb -r?), and ctl_deliver -d dumps the database properly
after this.  No error messages appear in the logs (even logging at debug
level) during normal operation, but trying to run ctl_deliver -d logs
"DBERROR: opening /var/imap/deliver.db: Not enough space".  There is 39G
free swap space (out of 40G), and the machine has 8G RAM.

Has anyone else seen this problem?  What can I do to get more
information about what is causing it?

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931