sendmail+cyrus+spamassassin

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Jan 30 13:58:03 EST 2003

-- Gordon <gmc at gmc.tzo.net> is rumored to have mumbled on Donnerstag, 30.
Januar 2003 13:20 Uhr -0500 regarding sendmail+cyrus+spamassassin:

> The next piece that I'd like to play around with is integrating
> spamassassin (SA) in to identify the spam that does get through. The
> stuff that I've read has me somewhat perplexed in how to get this done.
> Does sendmail call SA before sending the message to cyrus? Does cyrus run
> SA? Is it something completely else? Anyway, how do I get SA to run in
> this configuration?

There are many ways to achieve this. We do it with miltrassassin:

<http://www.digitalanswers.org/check_local/miltrassassin.html>

However, you should also look into amavisd-new which couples this with
viruschecking:

<http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/>
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK