looking for Cyrus mail format documentation

Phil Howard phil-info-cyrus at ipal.net
Fri Jan 31 14:50:45 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 08:57:50AM -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:

| It does not use maildir.  It actually can use several storage backends, flat
| file to sleepcat and some others.  Rumor of an SQL backend,  that might be what
| your looking for.

SQL would be harder to do for what I'm doing.  Discrete files made
it easier (e.g. Maildir).

That it can do several backends might make it possible to plug
something else in.  I could like into that.

| >I was also looking for documentation on SASL.  That I found in
| >the RFCs.  That's the kind of thing I'm looking for regarding
| >the file formats.
|
| SASL documentation?!  There is some floating about.  I love SASL, but the shreds
| of documentation are universally terrible.

What I need in SASL isn't nearly as involved.  I may be able to plug
my auth data in somewhere or convert it to LDAP or something.