cyradm

Daryl Field djf at gxn.net
Fri Jan 31 15:02:31 EST 2003

I'm having a little trouble with the cyradm tool, firstly I'd like to point
out that I'm only running Cyrus in a lab & am not that familiar at this
point.

I'm authenticating using saslauthd -a pam, everything is working fine from
an imap perspective, only imaps, using local acccounts, it's running on
Redhat. Only issue is the cyradm tool won't connect to the local server.
I've tried, using the --auth switch with a whole load of permutations,
unix,plain,pam,saslauth, tha man pages lists --auth[mechanism] without
specifying the mechs explicitly.

My account is listed as an admin in /etc/imap.conf, put an entry in
/etc/saslauthdb2 just in case, but am still having difficulties.

A quick rundown of how & what against this tool auths against would be most
helpfull.

Thanks up front & apologies if this question's a little low-brow.

Daryl