Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.12 Released

Christopher Crowley ccrowley at tulane.edu
Tue Feb 25 14:32:14 EST 2003

> I'm pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.12.  This
> release fixes a significant number of bugs throughout the
> distribution.

SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-18

SASL 2.1.12 make fails with:

(cd . && ln -s plugin_common.lo plugin_common.o)
ln: cannot create plugin_common.o: File exists
make[2]: *** [libsasl2.la] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/root/src/Cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.12/lib'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/export/home/root/src/Cyrus/cyrus-sasl-2.1.12'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

- -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I applied a patch that I found in the e-mail archives.
(http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-sasl
&msg=2965)

So now lib/Makefile.am is:

# diff Makefile.am Makefile.am.orig
54c54
< common_sources = auxprop.c canonusr.c checkpw.c client.c common.c
config.c external.c md5.c saslutil.c server.c seterror.c dlopen.c
../plugins/plugin_common.c
- ---
> common_sources = auxprop.c canonusr.c checkpw.c client.c common.c
> config.c external.c md5.c saslutil.c server.c seterror.c dlopen.c
55a56,58
> LTLIBOBJS = @LTLIBOBJS@ plugin_common.lo
> LIBOBJS = @LIBOBJS@ plugin_common.o

62a66,73
> plugin_common.lo: plugin_common.o
>       rm -f plugin_common.lo
>       ln -s $(top_builddir)/plugins/plugin_common.lo
> plugin_common.lo
>
> plugin_common.o:
>       rm -f plugin_common.o
>       ln -s $(top_builddir)/plugins/plugin_common.o plugin_common.o

Ran make clean, make distclean.  But I still receive that same
plugin_common.o error message.  There must be something that I need
to disable on my configure to eliminate this.  Suggestions for what
it is?

If you would, please reply directly to me as well as to the list.
Thank you in advance for your insight.

Christopher Crowley
Technology Services
Tulane University