procmail revisited

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+cyrus at keyslapper.org
Sun Feb 16 13:32:37 EST 2003

On 02/10/03 10:28 AM, Brandon High sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 21:21, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > Anyway, I have procmail being called from sendmail using the
> > following:
> >=20
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS',`SA5@|:/w')
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/local/bin/procmail')
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_USER',`cyrus:mail')
> >=20
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS',`procmail -Y -m /etc/procmailrc $u $h')
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_MAX',`eval(5*1024*1024)')
>=20
> I'm using sendmail -> procmail -> SpamAssassin -> deliver as well... I
> set up sendmail with the following:
>=20
> define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS',`SPhnu9')
> define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS',`procmail -Y -m $h $f $u')
> FEATURE(local_procmail,/usr/local/bin/procmail)
>=20
> In other words, sendmail doesn't know a thing about Cyrus. It just uses
> procmail for local delivery.
>=20
> My /etc/procmailrc contains:
> DROPPRIVS=3D1
> COMSAT=3Dno
> PATH=3D/usr/local/bin:/tools/bin:$PATH
> SHELL=3D/bin/bash
> DELIVER=3D"/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME"
> DEFAULT=3D"$DELIVER"
>=20
> :0 fhw
> | formail -I 'From '
>=20
> :0fw: /tmp/${LOGNAME}spamassassin.lock
> * < 256000
> | spamc
>=20
> :0w
> | $DELIVER
>  -B

I finally got a chance to try this out.  I'm not getting expected
behavior.  Removing the global SA configs certainly allowed SA to read
the user whitelist, but SA is definitely still being run as root and
not the mail recipient.  Because of this, my mechanism for adding
addresses to the user whitelist remotely isn't working.  And the
/root/.spamassassin/ directory is always recreated.

I'm afraid rebuilding the sendmail.cf with the lines you provided only
breaks things.  There are a number of lines I was given for my current
setup that refer to cyrus in one way or another.  I kept seeing
'stat=3DService unavailable' in the maillog.

If it's not too much to ask, could you send me your whole sendmail.mc?
I'm certainly no sendmail guru either, but I should be able to pick
out the parts that are relevant to my setup without too much trial and
error.  You can send it to me directly if you prefer.

Thanks a bunch
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

I am a conscientious man, when I throw rocks at seabirds I leave no tern
unstoned.
    -- Ogden Nash, "Everybody's Mind to Me a Kingdom Is"