cyrus authentification with ldap & md5

David Berard David.Berard at univ-savoie.fr
Tue Feb 11 06:49:54 EST 2003

	Hello,

We have made this sort of migration on OpenLdap 2.0.X . I have made no
test with OpenLDAP 2.1.X .

We use the "{crypt} scheme.

example :

userPassword: {CRYPT}$1$salt$hash

But we have to modify the source of openldap, because of the ssl library.
The SSL library as it's own implementation of the crypt() function, and
it only manage the DES algo (no MD5). We have replace the occurence of
crypt() by fcrypt() in the files libraries/liblutil/authpasswd.c, and
libraries/liblutil/passwd.c

When I made tests for this problem, I have no success to tell ld to use
the system crypt() rather than ssl crypt()...

Sorry for my english.

Best regards.

--

--

David Berard                                          |  Tel : 04.79.75.81.26
CRIR (Centre de Ressources Informatiques et Reseaux)  |  Fax : 04.79.75.87.23