Backup of Cryus IMAP (restore?)

Thomas Hannan thomas at raapid.net
Wed Feb 12 13:42:51 EST 2003

So to backup Cyrus, I should do the following?:
ctl_mboxlist -d /var/backup/mydbbackupfile
cp -dPr /var/imap /var/backup/imap
cp -dPr /var/spool/imap /var/backup/spool/imap

Would it be better to tar them first, or just copy and then tar later?
And to do a full restore? How would I do so? (I assume I'd have to stop the
service to restore)...

Thank you
Thomas Hannan