Vacation for non-existant users?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Feb 13 16:32:44 EST 2003

Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Tarjei Huse wrote:
>
> > I got a few users whom I've removed, and now I'd like to set a
> > auto-responder for the addresses.
> >
> > I'd like to do this so people emailing them get their new address.
> >
> > Any suggestions on how to set this using sieve?
>
> Sieve would require the existence of the user's inbox, but you could just
> do this with vacation essentially.

If you really want to be nice, you could do a redirect to the new
address AND send a vacation message telling the sender what you did.

Hmm.  I'll have to check the sieve specs to make _sure_ that redirect
and vacation are compatible (I'm pretty sure they are).  Whether our
implementation chokes is a different story (it would be an easy fix if
it does).
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127