Vacation for non-existant users?

Stephen L. Ulmer ulmer at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 13 16:25:10 EST 2003

 "tarjei" == Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no> writes:

  tarjei> Hi, I got a few users whom I've removed, and now I'd like to
  tarjei> set a auto-responder for the addresses.

  tarjei> I'd like to do this so people emailing them get their new
  tarjei> address.

  tarjei> Any suggestions on how to set this using sieve?

If you've removed them, they might not be able to have a sieve script
(I hope).

I would do this in the MTA. If you're using Sendmail, look at
cf/README.  There is an example of exactly what you want to do there
-- I believe it can be implemented in either the access map or the
virtusertable (or maybe both).

Regards,

Stephen L. Ulmer                              ulmer at nersp.nerdc.ufl.edu
Senior Systems Programmer                         http://www.ulmer.org/
Northeast Regional Data Center                      VOX: (352) 392-2061
University of Florida                               FAX: (352) 392-9440