saslauthd problem

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Feb 14 19:59:55 EST 2003

srikarreddy kasarla wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I am using cyrus 2.1.12. Intially i configured
> authentication method with
>
>   sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
>
>   and i created the users with saslpasswd2
> (etc/sasldb2). that worked fine.
>
>   Now i chaged imapd.conf to
>
>     sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>
>    and i started the saslauthd deamon with mechanisam
>             - shadow.
>
>   through imtest i tested that and saslauthd is
> working fine.
>
>    i am using horde 2.2 and i mentinoed imap as the
> authentication mechanisam in the horde.php
>
>     the problem is when i am trying to login from the
> horde(horde 2.2) it is still using /etc/sasldb2 file.
>
>   any idea why it is happening?

Are your server advertising non-plaintext authentication mechanisms
(CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5)?  I believe that the c-client library (which is
used by PHP which is used by IMP), can do CRAM-MD5.  If it does this,
then Cyrus will need to use sasldb2.  If you only want to authenticate
via plaintext (saslauthd), then add this to imapd.conf:

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127