mail subject's problem

Dmitry Novosjolov novodim at xiag.ch
Fri Feb 21 01:18:08 EST 2003

Hello,

I think I had the same issue with subjects,
here is what I did:

I removed from cyrus-imapd sources a line which changes subject if the
subject consists non 7 bit chars. You can easily find where it is in source
code by greping the line: reject8bit. I cannot tell more specifically at the
moment.

Then you have to rebuild your cyrus.

Updated built should keep subjects as they are.

I did it on versions of cyrus server from 1.6 to 2.1.

You should also understand what reject8bit setting does: if it's set to no,
then it replaces 8bit chars with 'X' and accepts it, otherwise it rejects a
message entirely.

If you do as I said, you should probably use "reject8bits: no"

Best regards,
Novosjolov Dmitry