mail subject's problem

Shuji Kono shuji.kono at oriental.ac
Fri Feb 21 02:04:25 EST 2003

david at thbuo.gov.tw wrote:
> I have read man page about imapd.conf,but there is only one item about 8-bit
> setting - reject8bit .But that seems not working for my situiation.
>
> I was used wu-iampd before,and everything looks fine.So I guess wu-imapd must
> support 8-bit mail's header,am i right ?
>
> David Chang

Yes, wu-imapd does parse 8-bit headers.
That's what I experienced when I migrated from uw to cyrus. Japanese
characters in mail headers were shown as XXXX.. and I had to encode
entire mbox file before importing it to cyrus.

However, I don't see there being any garbled words in newly received
mails. In case "reject8bit: no" doesn't work, it seems likely being caused
by MTA.

--
Shuji Kono <shuji.kono at oriental.ac>