Advice on transition

John Lederer john at jhml.org
Fri Feb 21 11:36:34 EST 2003

Robert Scussel wrote:

> There are actual multiple ways to do this.  From what I understand you
> have 2 boxes, one the original server, and a new one.
>
> You may want to do this in two stages. Cyrus provides a lot of tools
> to upgrade between versions.  That being said, you may want to
> replicate Cyrus-2.0.16 on the new box, and then synch everything over,
> test, and then upgrade. I typically upgrade by specifying the prefix
> to be /usr/cyrus-version, then soft link /usr/cyrus ->
> /usr/cyrus-version. This allows you to back out on most changes
> without wipeing out your current install.

That "multiple ways" may be what I need!  I am ignorant and slow and
almost always hit complications in my ignorance. I do not trust the
speed at which I could upgrade 2.0 to 2.1.  Since I would have to shut
down email while I did the upgrade....

So what I would really prefer would be some way to copy the mailboxes
then <insert here magical way to convert mailboxes from 2.0 setup to 2.1
setup>.

John

John