Another question about MUPDATE server

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Feb 24 09:36:26 EST 2003

Thanks Rob for your answer so far.  Concerning the replication process,
we where thinking about using something like heartbeat to monitor the
service.  Once the master has been found inoperative, heartbeat should
promote one of the replica as master, by running a script to restart the
replica in server mode for example.

You mention consistancy issue.  What could these be ?  If it would be
about changes not having been pushed to the replica, a work-around would
be to recreate the MUPDATE database (?) from scratch from the backend
(but this might be too prohibitive in wall clock time).

Does that make sense ? Again, thank you for your input.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
PGP Pub Key: http://www.LinuxQuebec.com/pubkeys/eg.key
Fingerprint: F569 0394 098A FC70 B572  5D20 3129 3D86 8FD5 C853