Deleting mailbox

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Mon Feb 24 09:35:05 EST 2003

Sebastian Konstanty Zdrojewski wrote:

> I am experiencing the following trouble: from both cyradm and IMAP I
> cannot delete a mailbox. Phisically I tested the permissions and it is
> everything ok. Anybody can help me? Here is a screenshot of the error:
>
> -- BEGIN ATTACHMENT --
>
> [root at nexus imap]# telnet localhost 143
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> * OK nexus.technomind.it Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.11 server ready
> . login postmaster technoworld
> . OK User logged in
> . delete sebzdr00
> . NO Permission denied
> . logout
> * BYE LOGOUT received
> . OK Completed
> Connection closed by foreign host.

The administrator has rights to set the ACL on any mailbox, but needs
the C right explicitly granted.  Do setacl sebzdr00 postmaster c
(assuming postmaster is an admin account) and then delete it.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931