Fw: PATCH: have lmtpd report sieve script file errors

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Sun Feb 23 10:19:39 EST 2003

Jay Levitt wrote:
> I forgot to CC you on this question...

Strange, I didn't see this message on info-cyrus, anyway:

>>Also, the reason I discovered this is that Mandrake's "msec"
>>security-auditing process automatically chowns /usr/sieve to root.root
>>several times a day.  Luca, do you think this is something that the RPMs
>>should override in /etc/security/perm.local to cyrus.mail, either
>>automatically or (if such a thing is possible) after prompting?  I'm of

The RPM uses /var/lib/imap/sieve by default, and that isn't affected by
msec, at least it isn't on my two systems, one 8.2 and the other 9.0,
both with security level 3 (implying CHECK_PERMS=yes).
I've checked the perm configuration files for all levels and none of
them touches anything under /var/lib.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti