cyradm authentication error

kewilliams kewilliams at dreamhousefund.com
Thu Feb 27 02:05:50 EST 2003

All,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this issue.  I have a new install with Redhat 8.0.  I used the sasl RPM 2.1.7-2.  I downloaded and installed cyrus imap version 2.1.12.

My imapd.conf file looks as follows:

configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus root
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

I can successfully authenticate using the imtest command.  When I tried to use cyradm, I originally got a "can't locat Cyrus/IMAP/Shell.pm in @INC.  I moved all necessary (I think) folders from the folder they were installed in (/user/local/lib instead of /user/lib) to be included in the path.  Now when I run cyradm, the program just hangs and I get the following error in my imapd.log file:

badlogin: web01[127.0.0.1] DOGEST-MD% [SASL(-13): authentication failure: client response doesn't match what we generated].

When I enter the sasldblistuser2 command, I get the following:
cyrus at web01: userPassword.

Would someone PLEASE help me with this problem?  I noticed a couple other postings with this error message, but no responses.

Thank you,

Kevin Williams