manually force delete a mailbox

Will Prater lists-wp at mercurycloud.net
Wed Dec 3 13:25:27 EST 2003

On Dec 3, 2003, at 5:43 AM, Robert Scussel wrote:

> is spool/user/graeme.mercurycload.net present (
> graeme^mercurycloud^net -- not sure on the way it is on disk )?

No.

> Of course there is always the method of dump mailboxes.db file, edit,
> reimport, but that won't necessarily solve the underlying cause of
> your problem, just give you a quick fix to get rid of the mailbox.

I have done this.. edited out the line:
user.graeme^mercurycloud^net    default graeme.mercurycloud.net
lrswipcda       cyrus   lrswipcda

Imported the file back in, checked with cyradm and the account is still
there.
Anything I could have done wrong. Here was my procedure:

----
  > su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d -f
/var/imap/mailboxes.db' > /var/imap/mailboxes.bak
.. edit the file and remove the bad mailbox line
  > su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u <
/var/imap/mailboxes.bak'
----

Thanks

> HTH,
>
> Will Prater wrote:

>>> Have you tried running reconstruct on the mailbox first?  I'd try to
>>> make
>>> the mailbox work correctly, then try to delete it.
>> Same results
>> ----
>>  > su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -f
>> user/graeme.mercurycloud.net'
>> user.graeme^mercurycloud^net: System I/O error No such file or
>> directory
>> ----
>> Any more ideas on this one?
>> Thanks
>

> --
> Robert Scussel
> 1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912  5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959

--will