Authenticate Cyrus off active directory

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Dec 3 10:35:55 EST 2003

Hi,

We are doing it using Kerberos.  It's (relatively speaking) easy.

First, read and follow the step described in
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/planning/security/kerbsteps.asp
to make your Linux server interoperate with the AD KDC.  Then set
saslauthd to use Kerberos instead of PAM :

saslauthd -n0 -a kerberos5

The -n0 is required as saslauthd with the kerberos5 plugin seriously
leak memory on RedHat 7.3.

That's about it ... if you have questions, feel free to ask !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com