More detail needed in logs for pop

Brian K. Becknell beck at clemson.edu
Wed Dec 3 10:16:26 EST 2003

Good Morning...
  before the upgrade to cyrus, I had very detailed log information about a
pop session. I had login/logout, message id's that were pop'ed, message
id's that were deleted... basically everything about the connection for
a user was available.
  I cannot figure out if that level of detail is available with cyrus.
here is my syslog.conf

local6.emerg;local6.alert;local6.crit;local6.err;local6.warning;local6.notice;local6.info;local6.debug
 /var/adm/mail/imap
 this only gives me
    local6.debug: about to exec /usr/cyrus/bin/pop3d
    local6.notice: login:   blah
    local6.debug: accepted connection

  There are times i need this level of detail to debug user problems.

  Any ideas??

Thanks

-brian