imap and ldap

Igor Brezac igor at ypass.net
Thu Dec 11 10:32:33 EST 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Geert Reijnders wrote:

> Oke I tried to reconfigure cyrus-sasl with the following options
> --with-ldap=3D/etc/ldap (because I had to give a directory)

It appears that saslauthd configure script cannot find openldap libs on
your system.  Check saslauthd/config.log and search for LDAP.

-Igor

> Everything was going fine, no errors during the installation but when I=
 executed the command saslauthd -v
> I get the same options.
>

> saslauthd 2.1.15
> authentication mechanisms: getpwent rimap shadow
>
> I don't get it. Is it the version I use because with ldap is experiment=
al in this version I read in the help.

> Greets
> Geert

ts.andrew.cmu.edu] Namens Laurent Larqu=E8re
> Verzonden: donderdag 11 december 2003 15:31
> Aan: Geert Reijnders;info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
> Onderwerp: Re: imap and ldap
>

> Hi
> you must have a "ldap capable" saslauthd
>
> # saslauthd -v
> saslauthd 2.1.17
> authentication mechanisms: getpwent pam rimap shadow ldap
>
> to obtain this, you have to configure  --with-ldap
>

> Geert Reijnders wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >Again I have a question. I want to setup a mail-server and the users
> >must be retrieved from the ldap-server. I have heard from several peop=
le and read in several guides that it is possible with saslauthd -a ldap =
and put the following option in the imapd.conf:
> >sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> >
> >But of course when I try to do that I get error messages. The first on=
> >is when I execute the command saslauthd -a ldap:
> >
> >saslauthd[285] :set_auth_mech   : unknown authentication mechanism: ld=
ap

> >the solution is not by using pam because that is not an option in
> >saslauthd.
> >
> >The second one is when I try to open a mailbox in outlook express. The=
> >I get the messages that on line .... (the line where sasl_pwcheck_meth=
od is located) that the command is unknown.

> >What am I missing or doing wrong? I hope anyone could help me.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >
> >Geert Reijnders

--=20
Igor