Telemetry log before authentication ?

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu Dec 11 10:19:21 EST 2003

Hi,

I am troubleshooting a problem where the client negociate STARTTLS with
success, then fail.  I guess the authentication did not work because the
server does not write telemetry log.  I have local6 and auth log
facility set to debug, and I see nothing after the successful starttls
negociation message.  I was trying to figure out if the client tried to
AUTHENTICATE (and, if yes, wich mechanism he tried), or just dropped it
after CAPABILITY.

I guess I would need telemetry of session before the authentication
succeed, unless somebody could tell me for sure "no AUTHENTICATE have
been tried because it would have blah in (local6|auth) facility".

On a somewhat related note, did anybody on this list ever used the PHP
imap_open() function with authuser, such as opening
{localhost/authuser=admin}INBOX ?  If yes, which version of PHP where
you using, and what does your mailbox name looked like ?

Thanks everybody for your answers.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com