imap en ldap

Geert Reijnders reijnders at nlcom.nl
Fri Dec 12 04:41:16 EST 2003

Oke I think I'am almost there.
I did miss the openldap libraries so I installed them and reconfigured cyrus sasl. When I run the command 'saslauthd -v' ldap is aviable :-)
So I executed the command 'saslauthd -a ldap and I needed to create an extra directory but after that I didn't get a error message.
In my imapd.conf I did add some extra lines. My imapd.conf looks now like this:
# Debian Cyrus imapd.conf
# See imapd.conf(5) for more information
# Configuration directory
configdirectory: /var/lib/cyrus
# Which partition to use for default mailboxes
defaultpartition: default
partition-default: /var/spool/cyrus/mail
# News setup
partition-news: /var/spool/cyrus/news
newsspool: /var/spool/news
# Uncomment the following and add the space-separated users who
# have admin rights
admins:root cyrus
# No anonymous logins
allowanonymouslogin: no
# Minimum time between POP mail fetches in minutes
popminpoll: 1
# umask used by Cyrus programs
umask: 077
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
But when I try to start outlook express and create a new mailbox I get the following error message:
Fatal error: invalid option name on line 28 of configuration file
In my imapd.conf is line 28: sasl_pwcheck_method
Is there another package I need to install or is there again something I did forget?

Many thanks in advance

Regards
Geert Reijnders