stage. directory?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sun Dec 14 21:24:48 EST 2003

Tim Pushor wrote:

> I am currently writing a backup script that selectively backs up
> portions of the cyrus imap system, and was wondering what exactly the
> stage. directory is for?

Its a staging area for messages which are delivered to multiple
recipients (singleinstancestore)

> Mine has nothing in it.

It shouldn't (other than a fraction of a second).

> Will it ever have?

Only if lmtpd crashed during delivery and doesn't unlink() the temp file(s)

> Will it get created automatically if I don't back it up?

It should.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127