sasl password change over web or poppassd

Joakim Ryden jryden at thebox.our-own.net
Sun Dec 14 20:59:39 EST 2003

On 12/14/03 2:48 PM Cristian Livadaru wrote:
> I am looking for something that makes it posible, preferebly by
> poppassd, to change your saslpassword.

I don't know of any ( OK that was a lie; I do know of saslpasswd(2) ) -
just wanted to take a step back and point out the difficulty of a
generic SASL password changer. Since there are so many ways one can
store SASL passwords (Kerberos, LDAP, SQL, sasldb etc) it would probably
take some thinking before writing, and a lot of writing after thinking,
something that takes all of those into account.

--Jo