Postfix + procmail + cyrus

cyrus-info at dirk.demon.co.uk cyrus-info at dirk.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 19:16:53 EST 2003

I am trying to add procmail into the mix since i have been using it for
years and would like to using in my new config.

I had postfix up and running and delivering cyrus before I started.

I want to allow users to have there local .procmailrc. (see current
configs at the end)

I started by trying in main.cf
mailbox_transport = procmail

and the master.cf has,
procmail  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=R user=cyrus argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user} EXTENSION=${extension} /etc/procmailrc

this didn't work since procmail was being executed as user cyrus so
couldn't read the users .procmailrc

The procmail binary was installed setuid.
-rwsr-sr-x   1 root     mail       84128 Dec 16 13:30 /usr/bin/procmail

I then moved onto using the mailbox_command instead which would execute
procmail as the local user, but the deliver command fails with

procmail: Executing "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver,-e,-a,ism,-m,user.ism"
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Bad file number

Any ideas? I need to have the global procmailrc for delivery to cyrus and
I would like users to have there own .procmailrc.

---
main.cf
---
mailbox_command =  /usr/bin/procmail -t -m /etc/procmailrc "$LOGNAME"

---
procmailrc
---
###
#
# Master Procmail Recipe for Postfix > Procmail > Cyrus
#
###
DELIVERTO="/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver"
USERINBOX="$DELIVERTO -e -a $1 -m user.$1"
VERBOSE=yes
LOGFILE=/tmp/proclog
#
# OPTIONAL: Include users' own .procmail recipe files
#
INCLUDERC=$HOME/.procmailrc

#
# Last but not least, deliver mail that falls through to the user's INBOX
#
:0 w