Quota problems...

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Dec 17 13:21:30 EST 2003

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, John Lockard wrote:
> In my case 'quota -f' did indeed zero the quotas and (found out later)

My best guess is that your quota database was corrupted.

> it toasted my mailboxes.db.  RPMs are not an option because of site

Looks like database corruption alright.

> specifics.  I do know that I need to get to a newer version, but that
> can't be done right now.  Looking at diffs between 2.1.11 and 2.1.16
> there are VERY minimal changes with quota code.

And not so minimal changes in the database stuff, and in the rest of
Cyrus...

> If you have a *helpful* suggestion as to why my current quotas are
> f'ed I'd like to hear those.

Restore the quota databases from backup, and verify their integrity... it
looks like quota -f disliked what it found.  And if it "hosed" the mailbox
db, it looks very much like disk corruption in the DB environment to me.

I am not, however, the best person to help you track down what could have
hosed the quota DB.

  Henrique Holschuh