Can't SELECT mailbox as admin on frontend (Murder)

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Dec 17 17:16:55 EST 2003

Since nobody answered yet, I guess this one is a little thorny.  I'll
resume the symptom to make the big picture clearer :

SELECTing INBOX as a user on frontend: work
SELECTing user/<user> as a user on frontend: _don't_ work
SELECTing user/<user> as an admin on frontend: _don't_ work
SELECTing user/<user> as an admin on backend: work !

Cyrus imapd and sasl 2.1.15, altnamespace and unixhierarchysep == yes.

Any idea about what could cause such a situation ?  Even if it is just
hypothesis, I am willing to investigate.  I am also willing to read
code, if one can point me toward the file that may contain the possible
source of my problem.

The strange thing is that I have another Murder that does not show these
behavior.  The configuration are pretty much similar, except for the
version (2.1.13), and altnamespace and unixhierarchysep being set to
"no".

All your insights welcome ...

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com