ldap ptloader

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Tue Dec 23 23:41:55 EST 2003

>> I notice the imapd.conf man page mentions the 'memberOf' attribute.
>> Unless I'm mistaken, that's a bit of a controversial thing, huh?

ib> Why is that?

Oh, when googling around and digging through various forums I was
getting the impression that the 'memberOf' approach wasn't too well
supported by the OpenLDAP community, or at least at one point.

ib> You lose the group functionality with this approach, although you
ib> get better performance.

...and this was the same argument for the roles mechanism in SunONE.

--
Amos