global admin without defaultdomain?

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Thu Dec 25 21:45:44 EST 2003

Hi folks,

I asked earlier how I could get users within the primary (default) domain
hashed into the domain/ subdirectories of the imap spool instead of being
right at the toplevel without any real domain association. I was told that
the defaultdomain option was meant to ease the passage from version 2.1 to
2.2, so if I simply didn't set it, I'd get the hashing all nice and
pretty.

Now I have a slightly different issue. I've finally gone back and set
things up in this manner. No defaultdomain setting. Users are hashed in
the domains as they should be, however I'd like to have a global admin.
The documents say I need the defaultdomain to have a global admin. Why?
Is there anyway to get around this?

I'd like to have a global admin without having the defaultdomain set. I
don't really understand why that would be a requirement. Maybe this
behavior should be some sort of configurable flag. If someone could
point me in the direction to the source I could hack past to disable this
behavior, I'd greatly appreciate it :-)
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass