more virtual domain funnyness

Kendrick Vargas ken at hudat.com
Mon Dec 29 14:24:52 EST 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Kendrick Vargas wrote:
>
> > I c... so that means that global admins have to have unqualified
> > usernames, which are then qualified with the default domain? If that's the
> > case, then global admins can only come from the defaultdomain? That seems
> > kinda.. well, dumb. Why not just have a seperate admins line specifically
> > for global admins?
>
> Why does it matter?  Admin accounts aren't real accounts anyway -- they
> shouldn't be recieving mail, in any case.
>
> I'm personally against the use of a global admins option unless there is
> some significant technical advantage gained.

Well, the only real advantage (for me) for a global admin is that I have
one account I use from my server side web scripts to manage all of the
accounts. I can handle the per domain permissions and stuff like that
outside of cyrus and just use the global administrative account as the
backend access for my web scripts.

I actually personally don't care what username I use to get it, but I
don't think it should go missing. It just feels a little confusing and
unclear why things are tied together the way they are.
			-peace

--
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass