strange problem of global admin

Patrick T. Tsang patrick at patricktsang.net
Tue Dec 30 04:16:50 EST 2003

Hello all,

I know many of you are disscussing some problems on virtual domain and
global admin.
I have also read many of those problems which are very similar to my case.

However I would like to mention again a strange problem on the "admins"
parameters in /etc/imapd.conf

The problem is:
My value for "admins" is:
admins: cyrus admin
(/etc/imapd.conf)

If I create a vitual user account, say cyrus at domain1.com , then I can no way
to delete it if I login in as cyrus.
It is supposed the global admin, cyrus, should be able to erase it.
In this case I have to login as "admin" and it is done.

so I would like to know how the global admin works?

By the way, the "defaultdomain" parameter is also very confusing to me since
the value should appear in /etc/hosts?! WHY?

Best Regards
Patrick Tsang