Sieve errors?

Scott Adkins adkinss at ohio.edu
Sat Aug 2 02:03:31 EDT 2003

I am seeing a lot of these type errors in the log file:

  IOERROR: fstating sieve script /usr/sieve/a/ap934499/defaultbc: No such
     file or directory
  append_check() of 'user.mh202200' failed
  append_check() of 'user.am109499' failed
  IOERROR: fstating sieve script /usr/sieve/a/ak132301/defaultbc: No such
     file or directory
  append_check() of 'user.ag178900' failed
  append_check() of 'user.lm237599' failed

What do they mean exactly?  Debugging is set pretty high right now... Also,
there aren't any sieve scripts on the system right now, as we just turned
it on for the first time.  This means that all of the a-z directories in
/usr/sieve are empty.

Should I have created a directory for every user prior to enabling sieve?
What about the defaultbc files?  Should I have a 'default' file of some
kind copied to all the user directories?

Or should I assume that these errors are normal and that it is just extra
debugging information that won't be shown if I wasn't logging so high?

Scott
      Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
   UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:adkinss at ohio.edu
        ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
     PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/