cvt_cyrusdb_all

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Wed Aug 6 15:26:45 EDT 2003

> Norman Zhang wrote:
>
>> Since I only have root on this box, I did exactly want you suggested
>> above.
>> I'm using the latest RPM for 9.1 from your site. The install seems to be
>> smooth. Thanks. May I ask how can I recreate a root mailbox so mail can
>> be
>> delivered for root?
>
> root should not have a mailbox.

I agree for normal systems. However, in certain situations it may be
useful to have a 'root' mailbox. If you have
local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
in /etc/postfix/main.cf to make single instance store work as expected,
the aliases file has no effect and postfix will deliver syslog messages to
root. One can then grant access to this box for other users via Cyrus.

Simon