LMTP unix socket timeouts on cyrus-imapd-2.1.14-6

Andrew Koros akoros at ke.uu.net
Thu Aug 7 03:13:55 EDT 2003

Hello ,

I have been using cyrus-imapd-2.1.12-9 rpm by Simon Matter and postfix
could deliver directly to cyrus over a unix lmtp socket with no problems
at all. I then upgraded to  cyrus-imapd-2.1.13-4 rpm by Simon and once
in a while postfix-2.0.13 gives "delay=303, status=deferred (connect to
public/lmtp[public/lmtp]: read timeout)" but eventually it gets
delivered.

I then tried cyrus-imapd-2.1.14-6 again from Simon Matter this time it
never delivers and the postfix error is always "... status=deferred
(connect to public/lmtp[public/lmtp]: read timeout)"

If I downgrade to cyrus-imapd-2.1.12-9 rpm by Simon Matter the problem
is solved. Is there something that has changed?

My System:
 RedHat Linux 9
 cyrus-sasl-2.1.15-2 built from  RedHat-Rawhide srpm
 (The problem was the same for the original RedHat cyrus-sasl-2.1.10-x
rpms)
 postfix-2.0.13-3 built from packages by Simon Mudd
(http://postfix.wl0.org/ftp/SRPMS/)

--
Andrew Koros
Developer, Systems Services

UUNET KENYA LTD
2nd Floor Parkside Towers
Mombasa Road, Nairobi

Tel: +254 2 69088618
Fax: +254 2 69088001
Email: akoros at ke.uu.net

http://www.uunet.co.ke

NOTICE: "The contents of this e-mail and any accompanying documentation is
confidential and any use thereof, in whatever form, by anyone other than the
addressee for whom it is intended, is strictly prohibited."