Cyrus over NFS with _one_ instance

Ian G Batten I.G.Batten at ftel.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 05:30:38 EDT 2003

It has always been my understanding that Cyrus isn't supported over NFS.
Clearly, getting locking working for the scenario of two machines
running Cyrus sharing /var/imap is Very Hard.  However, what if I only
want to use _one_ instance of Cyrus, with failover (essentially, one Sun
sat in front of a NetApp|Auspex|OtherNFSBox, with failover to another
Sun if the first goes bang).  Are there issues with Cyrus over NFS if
the running copy of Cyrus has an assurance that it's the only writer?

ian