cyrus imap hangs regularly

Ilan Rabinovitch ilan at fonz.net
Mon Aug 18 14:06:15 EDT 2003

Rob,

Thanks for pointing me at those docs.  I had it going hourly but I guess
every half hour is the way to go because its improved significantly.

I dont think low memory is the issue.  Free always reports plenty of free
physical ram and swap.  I've been watching the logs closely lately to find
out what kills cyrus and it seems this is the recurring error:
Aug 18 18:49:53 imapd[3695]: DBERROR db4: 241 lockers

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ilan

Cyrus and lmtpd seem to go to sleep and just not wake up.  This make its
impossible for sendmail to deliver mail from its queue.

Thanks again for you help,
Ilan

--
Ilan Rabinovitch