Problem about Postfix/Cyrus-imap/Mysql/Virtual domains

Olivier Kaloudoff kalou at kalou.net
Wed Aug 20 11:45:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Kai wrote:

>Hi,list.
> I am a newbie.
> I am using Cyrus-imapd-2.2.0 and postfix 2.0.7. I dont know how to let my
>postfix lookups virtual domain  in Mysql.And I sent the question to
>postfix's maillinglist,but nobody replied me.Would someone give me a sample
>of postfix' configuration about virtual domain?

Hi Kai,

	Here is what I'm using with postfix to enable
virtual lookups via mysql;

	Note that the hosts= line was not working
with the .sock option, and 127.0.0.1 fixed many troubles.

	I included the mysql table schema at the end
of the table, but this schema is not the only one that
can be used.

(in main.cf):

virtual_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual.cf

(in mysql-virtual.cf):

#
# mysql config file for alias lookups on postfix
# comments are ok.
#

# the user name and password to log into the mysql server
hosts = 127.0.0.1
#hosts = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user = mail
password = my_password_is_here

# the database name on the servers
dbname = mail

# the table name
table = virtual

#
select_field = rcpt
where_field = alias
#additional_conditions = and status = '1'

(mysql structure)

--
-- Table structure for table 'virtual'
--