Looking for install guide

twebster at daksoft.com twebster at daksoft.com
Fri Aug 22 12:35:30 EDT 2003

To fix the RH 9 DB4 problem you need to recompile from source RPM using a
update db4.spec file.  You can get more info at the link below

http://home/teleport.ch/simix

The compile isn't  that hard but you will need to install jdkgcj.  The
source RPM is available in the SOURCES directory in the RedHat 9 mirrors.

jdkgcj, also has several dependencies including gcc-java and libgcj.

After installing dependency RPMS, compile jdkgcj  (rpmbuild -bb
jdkgcj.spec) .  Then compile db4 with the following steps

1. Install the db4 source rpm
2. Copy new db4.spec file over the original, copy to  /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
(download new spec from http://home/teleport.ch/simix)
3. cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
4. rpmbuild -bb db4.spec
5. rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/db4.4.-.14-20_nonptl.i386.rpm
6. Restart cyrus-imaps and it should start with no db error.

good luck,

Tony

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           David Meier               |
|         |           <MEIER at logmail.net>       |
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           owner-info-cyrus at lists.and|
|         |           rew.cmu.edu               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           08/22/2003 09:25 AM       |
|---------+------------------------------------->
  |       To:       info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu                                                                              |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: Looking for install guide                                                                                |

Hi,

I was able to install cyrus on RH9 using that guide. I do also recall I had
trouble with db4. Unfortunately I didn't write down any remarks on this but
I think I used the rpm's from the CD at the end (looking at my --with-dbdir
directive below). The command I used to compile was:

$ export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include"
$ ./configure --with-sasl=/usr/local/lib --with-perl --with-auth=unix \
  --with-dbdir=/usr --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl --without-ucdsnmp

Hope this helps...

Dave